Saturday, September 5, 2020

Return to normal?

So it’s been a while but things are starting to look a bit more like normal again. It’s a big week for the Findlay’s this week. I’m went back to work after 13 months of Maternity Leave and the boys are back to school after 5 1/2 months, 165 days off thanks to Covid 19. https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1vndoruIdZkCYTwjYFPEP-szjtrFqtMhk
Let’s talk about work first. I am not going to lie I was not happy about going back. I’m sure like many mums I feel a bit robbed of my maternity leave. Don’t get me wrong I was glad I could be home with my boys and not have to worry about working from home but it was not the mat leave I had planned. So although I’d had 13 months off only 7 had been focused on Munro. Then we were thrown into homeschooling and lockdown life. Anyway to cut a long story short I didn’t want to go yesterday at all. 

However, it was totally fine. In fact I quite enjoyed it! It is a completely different place now thanks to lovely covid 19 but everyone, unsurprisingly was super supportive and lovely. I didn’t enjoy the 956 emails but i did enjoy being there. I think it helped that Munro was amazing at the childminder. We have used our childminder for a couple of years now and we all love her and thankfully now so does Munro! She sent me a wee update and a couple of photos and it put my mind at rest and I could then just enjoy being back. It also helps that in general I love my job, I’m a librarian by the way. 

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1s_8ed-5QEy7P_-YccQdv9UkhrQ7dFIul

So yesterday was good, I had a positive day and ended it feeling happy. Now let’s talk about today. Today my 2 big boys went back to school. Angus started Y3 and Brodie Y1. In the last couple of weeks we’ve spoken about going back to school and Angus has made a face but actually he’s been fine about it but Brodie has been quite serious about not wanting to go back. I was a bit worried about today, I shouldn’t have been though. He woke up and was so excited about going back! It was lovely and although going into school is all different now they went went in happy and confident! I was a proud and happy mummy. 

I got home though and I thought I’d love the peace and quiet. I thought I’d love having the day with Munro but I’ve felt really flat all day, I miss my boys. Honestly, this parenting thing is hard! Munro and I have bimbled about all day kinda just waiting to pick up the boys. It will get easier and seeing how happy they are back at school will help, I just wasn’t prepared to feel like this, naive maybe. 


So that’s us, back to normal, we’ll as normal as things can be at the minute. 



P.s. I also gave back the school guinea pig, Pip today. We’ve had him since school closed in March save for a couple of weeks over Easter and then when we were away last month. But even that made me emotional, I’ve grown attached to that bloody guinea pig! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Return to normal?

So it’s been a while but things are starting to look a bit more like normal again. It’s a big week for the Findlay’s this week. I’m went bac...