Friday, March 20, 2020

End of Term?



So that’s it, it’s Friday evening I’m sitting with a glass of wine and apparently it’s the end of term perhaps even the end of the school year. It hard to take in.

How do I feel? Well a bit sad if I’m honest. Not sad for me but sad for my boys. Angus will miss his friends so much and I am heartbroken that this might be the end of Brodie’s Reception year. Which to quote Angus is the best year of your life!

I’m worried too, worried that this will last longer than my patience. I’m worried about my mum and for all my friends and family who fall into the vulnerable category. I’m worried we will struggle to adapt to this new way of life and the restrictions, however necessary, that are put upon us. I’m worried about getting food and although so far we have been lucky and I have managed to get what we need I worry about these panic buyers. The day I couldn’t find baby milk was not a good day, thankfully we didn’t need any that day but we were running low and now I live in fear that we will run out and I won’t be able to get any. The list goes on, you get the gist and I’m sure you are the same. 

However, I am a naturally positive person and believe it will all be fine and hope that they will get back to school sooner rather than later. What also helps is that I think this is the best decision and feel better that they will be home and safe with me. Worse things happen, we are not at war, I am not losing my husband or my sons, and other than the threat of the virus that we will probably recover from, we are in no danger.

So what next? Lots and lots of lovey family time and I guess some homeschooling, plus a plan to try and entertain the boys for what could be a very long time! 


Stay indoors, wash your hands and keep smiling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Return to normal?

So it’s been a while but things are starting to look a bit more like normal again. It’s a big week for the Findlay’s this week. I’m went bac...